Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Introduction to my horses

My name is Beneva and I will be blogging about my everyday life with my horses. I am 45 years old and divorced for a year now. I have to do everything on my 5 acre property as well as hold down a full time job as a Cake Decorator with a major Grocery store chain in Northeast Oklahoma. I have never been around horses and got my first, Comet, 5 years ago and Montana 3 years now . I have had to learn everything the HARD WAY!!! Because of the Dangerous Rearing problem with Comet I discovered the Natural Way with Parelli. I now practice Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two horses Comet, an 1999 Gelding, Proud Cut, Off The Track Thoroughbred (OTTB) and Montana, a 1997 Quarter Horse Paint Mare. Both are purebreds and wonderful Horses. Each with their own, very different, horseanalitys. Comet is a Left Brained Extrovert and Montana , a left brained introvert. I would encourage anyone to go to www.parelli.com to learn more about Parelli Natural Horsemanship. Right now it is 21 degrees in Claremore and Snow and Ice are still on the ground from the 2009 Blizzard on Christmas day. Yesterday it got to 50 so alot of it has melted but has refrozen since. Today is expected to get into to the low 40's but on Wednesday we are going to a balmy 55 degrees and off come the blankets which have weighted my horses down for 17 days now of below freezing weather. I am still learning and have alot of fear issues that I am comitted to working through during the year of 2010 and I wanted to blog my journey over the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment